PLEINE DE LA BROYE
- Elementary and Secondary: Rte Sous-Ville 23 therefore 400m 6-minute walk.
- Nursery located in the same building
- Downtown at 400m (Raiffeisen, BCV, doctors, bakery, restaurants, etc...)
- Railway station at 1.1km, 12-minute walk, via Lausanne and Berne every 30min.
- Municipal tax ratio: 0.68
- Real estate tax: 1.50 per thousand
- Dog taxes: 50.-/year
Aventicum and one of the most important archaeological sites in Switzerland. At the time of the Roman Empire, Aventicum was the capital of Helvetia since the year 15 BC to the third century. The medieval village was built in the late thirteenth century by the Bishops of Lausanne, overlords of the city, then transformed and expanded by the Bernese bailiffs. The castle is a witness to this rich past. Its portal and its facade is richly decorated, very representative of the Renaissance Switzerland style.
10km from Payerne chief town of the district
15km from Fribourg
40km from Berne, Yverdon et Neuchâtel
70km from Lausanne
Population: 4'030 at the 31 December 2014
Names: Les Avenchois
- CFF, line Lausanne/Lys
- TPF, line Fribourg/Domdidier
- Highway A1